Every Friday we offer a special part of our 7 days Wadi El Gemal Track – the Big Foot Trail (climbing Mount Hamata)
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Every Friday we offer a special part of our 7 days Wadi El Gemal Track – the Big Foot Trail (climbing Mount Hamata).
Situated in one of the most beautiful places in Egypt, but rather unknown to most people. We’re talking about the beautiful Wadi El Gemal National Park. This is a huge area of 7450 kilometres squared, and stretching along the shore for 60 kilometres, and covers both the land and the sea.
This National Park houses the Wadi El Gemal Valley, one of the biggest valleys in the Eastern Desert, and one of the richest in living organisms.
Wadi El Gemal National Park is a stunning place to see and a must-visit spot in Egypt. The natural scenes are captivating, and you will be missing out on a whole lot if you don’t give this park a visit.
One of the natural beauties at the park is the Hamata Mountain (1978 m),the second highest mountain in the Eastern Desert, also holding a diverse collection of life.
What to expect?
- Pick-up at your hotel around 7 am and drive with 4x4 cars around 120km to the foot of Hamata Mountain.
- Nearly half way we have a stop at the waterfalls of Wadi Sartout
- Once arrived there is just a limited time frame to reach not the top of Hamata Mountain, but a certain height. You may have a view to the Red Sea, depending on reaching the view-point in time. The hike is doable with normal fitness – no need to be very experienced in climbing!
- Meanwhile our staff has prepared a delicious lunch with grilled chicken, green salad, fresh fruits and freshly baked bread in Ababda Style. And afterwards the local coffee, Gabbana, will boost your energy again.
- In the afternoon we bring you back to your hotel.
No details found.
No details found.