Explore South Egypt Red Sea Mountain Trail. Mount Hamata (1978 m) is the second highest mountain in the Eastern desert, holding a diverse collection of live located on the western bank of the Red Sea.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
South Egypt Red Sea Mountain Trail
Pick-up at the Airport of Marsa Alam and transfer to your hotel – Lahmy Azur Resort. Located directly on a private beach it is a spacious compound with 2 pool-areas, open buffet for breakfast and lunch and a nice bedouin tent to enjoy your tea or coffee after dinner under the stars.
After this relaxing start, we will take you on a 7 day hiking trip to the peak of Mount Hamata.
One of the most beautiful places in Egypt and rather unknown to most people is the
Wadi El Gemal National Park. One of the natural beauties at the park is Mount Hamata.
Mount Hamata is one of the most important and most famous mountain within a smooth mountains located on the western bank of the Red Sea. Mount Hamata (1978 m) is the second highest mountain in the Eastern desert, holding a divererse collection of live.
- On day 1 of our hike we drive with our 4x4 cars to the basecamp for our climb. Boost your energy with the local coffee, called Gabbana, rest the night and get ready to be one of the few recorded who reached the peak of Mount Hamata.
- You will hike per day from 5.5 km to 20 km through various landscape.
- Walk through the ruins and travel back in time to visualize as well as learn about the lifestyle of Roman engineers and labor in the mining industries
- Spend the night in campsites in the middle of the mountain where the Romans used to stay long ago spotted by some of their ruin
- On day 8 we will bring you back to your hotel. Your way passes along the Red Sea, a lovely road that allows you to see unpolluted bays, mangrove thickets and Bedouin villages on your way home.
- Enjoy your last day in Lahmy Resort before your adventure will be sealed with an airport transfer to Marsa Alam on day 10.
- Personal belongings