A wide spectrum awaits you to explore: Wildlife and desert plants, Roman ruins, rests of open gold mines, prehistoric rock-art, African market products and the camel market in Shalatin are some of the highlights of the Eastern Desert expedition.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Where should desert lovers go to in our days?
The insider tip: Land of the Beja – forgotten paradise – Eastern desert
A wide spectrum awaits you to explore: Wildlife and desert plants, Roman ruins, rests of open gold mines, prehistoric rock-art, African market products and the camel market in Shalatin are some of the highlights of that expedition.
For every geologist a paradise would open, for the regular traveller he would be amazed by the sculptured rocks of Wadi El Gaheleya or the thousands of rock-arts all around the area of Bir Abraq.
Who is interested in history would cross evidence of the Romans and their settlements, but also the Islam left its traces in that semi-arid desert, like in the village of Sheikh Shazly.
The Eastern Desert is inhabited by natives who have, except for a few changes, lived the same kind of life for hundreds, if not thousands of years, taking whatever nature offers them and protecting it at the same time.
These Beja had solved the unsolvable – to live with the nature and not to conquer it like the rest of mankind.
- 10/09/2029 to 24/09/2019
- 05/11/2019 to 19/11/2019
- 28/03/2020 to 14/04/2020
- Today we still may enjoy their hospitality getting offered a special coffee prepared on charcoal.
- Your trip starts with Pick-up at the Airport of Marsa Alam and transfer to your hotel – Lahmy Azur Resort. Located directly on a private beach it is a spacious compound with 2 pool-areas , open buffet for breakfast and lunch and a nice bedouin tent to enjoy your tea or coffee after dinner under the stars.
- Start and close your holidays with a relaxing day. Close by there is Kite village – a possibility for kite surfing – and maybe you are interested in a Quad-drive to Fata Morgana?
- Day 3 – Our expedition starts. From now it is a camping safari – so don’t forget to bring your sleeping-back, a torch, sunscreen and a warm sweater at night!
- Our 4x4 cars will guide you along the program, but there is also time left for a small hike from time to time. Your adventure will be sealed on day 15 with airport-transfer to Marsa Alam.
- Including hotel
- 4×4 car
- Tour guide
- Personal belongings