Go on a relaxing journey exploring the mother of the world Cairo, and cursing Lake Nasser to explore the Nubian islands.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- After arrival at Cairo International Airport we organise your pick-up and transfer to your hotel.
- Your cosy hotel is located in a nice and green area of Cairo – Maadi – where you can easily have a shopping or coffee walk.
- The next day our guide will show you some of the main attractions even of Egypt – the Pyramids of Sakkara and the Sphinx, as well as the famous oriental bazar, Khan al Khalili with its special atmosphere.
- On day 3, before departing in the evening with the sleeper train to Assuan, you will get a picture of the Citadel and Coptic Cairo.
- When you wake up on day 4 in Assuan – you already changed your reality completely.
- After disembarking from your sleeper train, you will head to your eco-lodge. Hadota Masreya / in Gharb Soheil. Then your tour guide will take you to visit the Nubian Museum where you will be introduced to the history, art and culture of Nubia. Your evening will be free to enjoy Aswan's market and wander the Corniche on the banks of the Nile.
- Up from the next day, we intend to cruise for 5 days on Lake Nasser – not with one of those luxury cruisers, but on a smaller boat, better to navigate beside the main stream.
- We will have each day 1 hour hike and are ready to visit the attractions of the Nubian Temples (Kalabsha temple, Sobou temple ,Amara temple, Ibrahim palace) and – of course – Abu Simbel). Most meals are on board.
- Lake Nasser is a vast reservoir in southern Egypt and northern Sudan. It is one of the largest man-made lakes in the world.
- The contrast between this enormous body of water and the remote desert stretching away on all sides makes Lake Nasser a place of beauty, a vast space of total tranquillity and peace.
- On day 9 you touch down in Assuan again to enjoy once more a night in our eco-lodge, before heading back by plane the next day to Cairo. Our guide has recommendations what to do – also for special souvenir-shopping, before your international flight is ready for take off on day 11.
Cairo – Lake Nasser – Aswan
Explore the mother city of Cairo and enjoy a host of cultural highlights such as the Pyramids - the eternal miracle of history. But also, the Egyptian, Islamic museums and Coptic Cairo.
Egypt is also a country of contrasts – so now we guide you to another world.
Aswan in upper Egypt and after a warm welcome in a special Eco lodge, you will start your Nubian adventure by boat. Our 5-day boat-trip on Lake Nasser will lead you to highlights of history like Amada Temple and Abu Simbel.
Your simple but comfortable stay on board will give you also the possibility to relax, enjoy nature or go for a hike when we have a stop-over.
Day 1: Arriving into Cairo & Hotel Check-in
Day 2: The Pyramids, Great Sphinx, Saqqara, and Khan El Khalili
Day 3: Citadel, Coptic Cairo & Sleeper Train of Aswan
Day 4: Aswan , Nubian Museum, and Eco Lodge
Day 5: Lake Nasser Luxury Cruise
Day 6: Culture, History, and Hiking
Day 7: Visiting Temple Amada and Qasr Ibrim
Day 8: Cruising Lake Nasser on Boat
Day 9: Abu Simbel Temples & Airport Transfers
- Airport transfer
- Entrance fees
- Ground transportation
- Licensed English speaking guides
- Personal belongings
- Drinks in restaurants & on the Lake cruise