- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This long finger like reef runs from north to south in the open Red Sea. Steep walls drop to the depths on the reef’s east and west sides, while the north and south ends of the reefs are marked by submerged plateau. Sharks often swim by the spot to feed on the abundant reef fish population.
The island of Zabargad has been known since the time of the pharaohs for the presence of the ancient mines from which olivine was extracted, a green stone similar to the emerald. In Zabargad you will dive along the south wall characterized by a multitude of very scenic passages.
The site features several submerged rocks surrounded by sandy areas with a nice swim-through at around 20 m deep. There is beautiful staghorn and hard coral. You can often find a leopard shark and a whitetip reef shark resting on the sand. Turtles and pelagis fishes like the Giant Trevally are common too. The maximum depth is around 39 meters deep but most of the dive.
- Free DAN dive accident insurance (if trip value > USD 2500 per person)
- Dive permits, taxes, marine park fees, harbor fees
- Full board
- Weight belt/weights/12l tank(s)
- Free Wi-Fi (depending on coverage)
- Dive guides
- Entry Visa
- Equipment rental, special tank requests, shop items etc.
- Crew tips (usually around 10EUR per day)
- Transfer to/from the airport (round-trip)
- Diving Insurance (7 Euros)
No Details Found