- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Only a 3 hours’ drive gets you to our private farmhouse location in Deir Abu Hinis (Middle-Egypt), where you will be hosted like VIP’s or an appreciated member of the family. Discover Egypt’s monuments from here. Almost nothing is known of the history of the Red Monastery (Deir al-Ahmar, Deir Anba Bishoi or Bishai) near Sohag, though it is one of the most famous Christian monasteries in Egypt. It lies about two miles (3.2 km) north of the White Monastery at the extreme western edge of the cultivated land. However, unlike the White Monastery it is situated within a small village, and some houses lie to the south and east. The area to the north and west of the monastery is mainly covered with debris. Come and see yourself. Trip details:
- Group Size: 3 – 12 people
- Dates: 17.2.-19.2.22. - 18.3.-20.3.22
- Early Birds: $180
- Price: $190
- 8:00 meeting point Maadi, street 9, Cafe Greco
- Around 3 hours’ drive to our private farmhouse – check in – lunch
- After lunch it is time to move. We will hike to the caves and Cave Church.
- On our way to a Felucca (sail boat) ride we will visit one of the ancient Monasteries (4th Century).
- After sunset we will return to our farm for dinner.
- After breakfast day trip to visit the Red and White Monasteries.
- Dinner at the farmland
- Leisure time to explore the surroundings independently. The farm owner can also arrange a private tour for you.
- After lunch we are heading back to Cairo.
- To bring: Good shoes, sun protection
- Transportation, Full-board, Guide, Double-rooms with WC/DC
- Tips, Transportation to the meeting point, Entrance fees
No Details Found