- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The oldest road in history leads through North Qarun. Walk along it by night and marvel at the sights along the way.
A special meal awaits us at the lake, a so- called “Mandy".
Price: From 135 $/ p.p.
Early Birds*: 120 $/ p.p.
Registration Deadline: 48h before the trip (13h00)
Attention: Program will change in order to the moon!
- (Payment 1 week in advance, free cancellation until 48h before the trip, less than 48h we will keep 10% of trip fee)
Frost Moon Hike 19.11. 20.11.21
Deadline 17.11.21 (13h00)
Cold Moon Hike 17.12. 18.12.21
Deadline 15.12.21 (13h00)
Attention: Do not miss the unique Solar Eclipse on 3.12. 4.12.21
- 9h00 meeting point in Maadi, street 9, Cafe Greco
- Around 2 hours’ drive to North Qarun
- Lunch at the archeological site Qasr El Sagha
- Drive to the beginning of the old road, start hiking into the darkness following the moon. We run as fast as the slowest of us.
- When we arrive at the Camp of North Qatrani, dinner is waiting for us (surprise: it is a so called “Mandy“) Vegetarians please inform us with the registration.
- Overnight in the camp (toilets and water available)
- Breakfast in the campsite – afterwards drive to the watermelon field
- Visit of the archeological site of Dimeh, drive along the dunes, North Qarun Lake – Lunch – Drive back to Cairo. Estimated arrival time: Around 5 – 6 pm
- You should bring: Good shoes, torches, a light sweater, your own sleeping bag, sun-glasses, hat, sun-protection, personal belongings
- Camping Equipment (except sleeping bag)
- Transportation to the meeting point
- Soft drinks (available in the campsite)
No Details Found