- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The oldest road in history leads through North Qarun. Walk along it by night and marvel at the sights along the way.
A special meal awaits us at the lake, a so- called “Mandy".
Registration Deadline: 48h before the trip (13h00)
Attention: Program will change in order to the moon!
- (Payment 1 week in advance, free cancellation until 48h before the trip, less than 48h we will keep 10% of trip fee).
Day 1: Cairo - Qasr El Sagha - Widan al Faras. - North Qatrani Camp site
- 9h00 meeting point in Maadi, street 9, Cafe Greco
- Around 2 hours’ drive to North Qarun
- Lunch at the archeological site Qasr El Sagha
- Drive to the beginning of the old road, start hiking into the darkness following the moon. We run as fast as the slowest of us.
- When we arrive at the Camp of North Qatrani, dinner is waiting for us (surprise: it is a so called “Mandy“) Vegetarians please inform us with the registration.
- Overnight in the camp (toilets and water available)
Day 2: North Qatrani Camp site - Dimeh - Cairo
- Breakfast in the campsite – afterwards drive to the watermelon field
- Visit of the archeological site of Dimeh, drive along the dunes, North Qarun Lake – Lunch – Drive back to Cairo. Estimated arrival time: Around 5 – 6 pm
- You should bring: Good shoes, torches, a light sweater, your own sleeping bag, sun-glasses, hat, sun-protection, personal belongings
- Private Tour
- Meals: 1 B / 2 L / 1 D
- All transfers in 4x4 cars
- Program like mentioned above.
- All park entry fees
- Bottled mineral water
- Camping Equipment (except sleeping bag)
- Travel insurance and all kind of insurances.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Tips for guide, drivers...
- Anything that is not mentioned in the program.
- Soft drinks (available in the campsite)
No Details Found