Wadi el Gemal National Park Wadi al Gemal (“Valley of the Camels” in Arabic ) is one of the largest valleys in the region…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
What to expect:
- Pick-up at your hotel and drive with 4x4 cars to the Protected National Park
- After 6 Km jeep drive from the entrance we reach a small info-center called Bayt El Ababda, built to preserve the cultural heritage of a Bedouin tribe called Ababda. They still live as shepherds, camel breeders, fishermen and guides in Wadi El Gemal and preserve their ancient traditions and customs.
- And now it's time to walk! Either you start hiking immediately or you continue another 2 kms in our jeeps till everybody has to get out into pure nature. The park boasts some of the richest flora in the Arabian Desert, with over 140 species of plants and bushes that characterize its diverse ecosystems: the coastal belt, the mouth of the Wadi, the coastal plain and the large valleys.
- The vegetation in the Wadi varies quite a lot and is characterized by the large quantity of acacia and desert date trees.
- Get off the beaten path and enjoy untouched nature.
- The meeting-point after the hike will be a place called Khab al Khawara. Let’s boost your energy now – it is lunch-time – you deserve a sumptuous break!
- On our way back we will have a small stop at Abu El Dabbaa for a last photoshoot before we are heading back (around 35 km to the entrance, finally back to your hotel)
Wadi el Gemal National Park
Wadi al Gemal ("Valley of the Camels" in Arabic ) is one of the largest valleys in the region between the Nile and the Red Sea. This region is distinguished by its very special environments, which are home to a great variety of flora and fauna. Nevertheless – in our times it is still unknown.
Come to explore with us for 1 day – and – by the way – hiking is one of the greatest things you can do for your physical and mental health.
And in this region it is also a great reminder that the world we live in is pretty amazing.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
- Low mileage well maintained Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Park Entrance fees.
- Local Bedouin Ababda guide.
- English speaking tour leader.
- 2 large water bottles per person.
- Lunch (BBQ chicken, Ababda local bread, green salad, fresh fruits, and Gabana local coffee).
- First Aid Kit per car.
- Hotel pickup and drop off for hotels located North of Marsa Alam and South of Wadi El Gemal Park, will be for extra fees