The Jebel Qatrani Open Air Museum is located inside the Petrified Forest area, the north of Lake Qaroun few kilometers from Jebel Qatrani…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Jebel Qatrani Open Air Museum is located inside the Petrified Forest area, the north of Lake Qaroun few kilometers from Jebel Qatrani and the ancient basalt quarries. The museum was built early 2018 and it is showcasing fossils of both marine (started in Eocene with the fossil ancestors of Archaeocetes: whales) and continental (with the fossil ancestors of monkeys: Aegyptopithicus; elephants: Phiomia, Palaeomastodon; Arsinoitherium); and several other terrestrial and marshland mammals.
- Group Size: 3 – 15 persons
- Price: From 85$
- Early Birds: 80$
- Registration Deadline: 48hours before the start of the trip
- Meeting point: Maadi, street 9, TBS Bakery at 8 am.
- After a 2-hour drive we reach the Open Air Museum, whose amazing finds invite you to take an educational walk.
- Then the journey into the past continues with the visit of the Pharaonic Temple of Qasr al Sagha, which was donated to the Crocodile God Sobek. This Temple was once built on the shores of Lake Qarun.
- Here we have lunch.
- Freshly strengthened, we continue to the Roman ruins of Dimeh. The former life of this trading hub seems to be alive even in the now abandoned site
Afterwards we will have some sand dune drives overlooking the Lake, before heading back to Cairo
To bring: Good shoes, sun protection
- 4x4-cars with driver, guide, entrance fees, 1 meal, water, tea and coffee
- Transportation to the meeting point, Tips
No Details Found