You are off to great places, today is your day! On this 1-day-hike we unlock together some of the historical secrets in Wadi El Gemal Park. [The price shown above is quoted as a minimum amount.]
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Wadi el Gemal National Park; The name comes from the wadi that runs through it, a 60-km stretch of dried-up river that formed part of the caravan route linking Berenice and Qift on the Nile. The signs of roman, ptolemaic and islamic civilizations can still be seen in various archeological sites including fortresses, water stations and emerald mines.
You are off to great places, today is your day! On this 1-day-hike we unlock together some of the secrets in that region.
And did you know, that doctors are recommending ecotherapy to reduce anxiety, improve stress levels and to curb depression?
African proverb: Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.
What to expect?
- Pick-up at your hotel around 7 am and drive with 4x4 cars to the Protected National Park
- A ride of around 120 kms until we reach Gebel El Atshan – the Thirsty mountain. Already on your way you will have several photo stops to capture natural beauty on film.
- Finally it’s time to walk! The inner circle of the mountain offers a visit of a talcum quarrie, abandoned since the 1980s. We will pass also submontane of Hamata mountain, the biggest and highest barrier in the region.
- To get the full picture, to your 12 km hike there will be added another 35 km drive
- For lunch – carefully prepared by our staff – you enjoy grilled chicken, green salad, fresh fruits and the special bread of the Ababda, baked under the ashes of the campfire. The local coffee, Gabbana, is also a must after the meal.
- The Ababda bedouins are the original inhabitants of the territory. They greatly respect their natural environment and their ancient tribal law prohibits them from damaging or felling live trees. Learn more about their live and culture while crossing their territory.
- After all we are heading back first to the entrance , than back to your hotel (expected arrival time around 7 pm)
No details found.
No details found.