- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Shalateen is about 300km from Marsa Alam. It's a little off the usual tourist radar. Essentially it's a trading town on the border with Sudan. The main draw is the camel market. Thousands of camels are on display here. The camels are brought up from Sudan and are bidded for by the Egyptains. Camels are either bought for work or for meat. Once sold, they are taken for branding and then onto a transportation area.
The town has a vibrant souk and has an array of shops for spices and perfumes.
Book a private tour to Shalateen and experience all aspects of that special place.
End the day with a swim in the sea at the mangroves.
Pick up time at 07:00, drive to Shalateen, for about 2 hours.
Visit of the Camel Market and the Old City with its perfumes, spices and more.
Drive to Wadi El Quolan protectorate, where you find amazing clear shallow water with mangroves around. Enjoy sun and a terrific beach.
Additional lunch in a Bedouin tent possible.
Back to you hotel for dinner.
- Private Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Marsa Alam.
- Program like mentioned above.
- Meals L
- Local guide
- Bottled mineral water
- Travel insurance and all kind of insurances.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Tips for guide, drivers...
- Anything that is not mentioned in the program.
- Extra fees possible depending on the location of your hotel
No Details Found