The taste of Real Egypt
Hiking along the Nile
Keywords : daily life of Egyptian , Deir Abu Hinis , experience Egypt , felucca , Middle Egypt
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Of course, two days are far too short to get more than just an impression of the “real Egypt” – but better than nothing.
Far away from any mass tourism, our private guide is ready to walk with you along the Nile. While walking you might explore the daily life of fishermen and farmers and you will enjoy a huge number of picturesque places. Have a look in the houses of the village where people live in another world and join a little Felucca (sail boat) trip ending up on an island.
- Group Size: 3 – 12 people
- Price: $110
- 8:00 meeting point Maadi, street 9, Cafe Greco
- Around 3 hours’ drive to our private farmhouse – check in – lunch
- Hike through the fields experiencing the simple life-style of farmers
- Dinner at the farm.
- After breakfast we will move to get a Felucca ride to Sheikh Abada and a ruin site, the so-called Martyr hill.
- Afterwards we will have another stop at one of the oldest monasteries in the region.
- Lunch and then away back to Cairo.
- To bring: Good shoes, sun protection
- Double-rooms with WC/DC
- Transportation to the meeting point,
- Entrance fees
Add a review
No Details Found
A trip completely beside the mainstream – with really good food! Erika