This special day trip offers you a combination of safari and trekking to delight you with the hidden gems of the Wadi El Gemal park.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Pick-up at your hotel in or around Wadi El Gemal Park. (Free pick up from hotels South of Marsa Alam and North of Wadi El Gemal Park).
- Drive with 4×4 cars to the Protected National Park.
- Stop at Kab El Khawara for a panoramic view of Wadi El Gemal.
- After an off road jeep drive from the entrance, stop driving and start a hike of 5 km. Our team will lead you through the hike to reach the Ancient Roman Ghost City of Appolonia. Walk through the ruins and travel back in time to visualize as well as learn about the lifestyle of Roman engineers and labor in the mining industry.
- Set up for lunch after the hike. A full course meal containing Local Bedouin Bread baked fresh with the Ababda style. Followed by BBQ chicken and a green salad. After lunch have some fresh fruits for dessert together with Gabana local coffee roasted in front of you.
- Proceed afterwards to Qulaan Beach Settlement, where it is time to sit by the beach and enjoy a relaxed evening in one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- 07:00 Pick up from the hotel. A pickup fee will apply, if the hotel is located outside the area between South of Marsa Alam and North of Wadi El Gemal Park.
- 08:00 Drive off road for an Eastern Desert Off-Road experience.
- 08:30 Stop at Kab El Khawara for a panoramic view of Wadi El Gemal
- 11:00 Start hiking to Appolonia.
- 13:00 Lunch.
- 15:00 Head to Qulaan Beach Settlement.
- 18:00 Drop off at your hotel.
Please note: hotel pick up time and drop off depends on your hotel distance from the Protected Park entrance. Above is estimated at a maximum of 50kms one way distance.
Full Day Trip in Wadi El Gemal National Park in Marsa Alam
Wadi El Gemal is one of the most interesting areas in Egypt and one of the largest valleys in the region between the Nile and the Red Sea. This region is distinguished by its very special environment, which is home to a great variety of flora and fauna. Wadi El Gemal is home to a Bedouin tribe called Ababda. On the west and closer to the mountains, they live as shepherds and camel breeders. The tribe has been living in harmony with nature and has preserved their cultural heritage of music, dance and culinary art to a great level. Nevertheless, in our times it is still unknown.
The Wadi is also a great reminder that the world we live in is pretty amazing!
This special day trip offers you a combination of safari and trekking to delight you with the hidden gems of the park. It takes you out of your known world to part of the unknown and untouched world in the oldest nation on Earth. An interesting paradox offering a genuine day in an uncrowded yet trendy National Reserve.
- Hotel pickup and drop off. (A pickup fee will apply, if the hotel is located outside the area between South of Marsa Alam and North of Wadi El Gemal Park)
- Low mileage well maintained Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Park Entrance fees.
- Local Bedouin Ababda guide.
- English speaking tour leader.
- 2 large water bottles per person.
- Lunch (BBQ chicken, Ababda local bread, green salad, fresh fruits, and Gabana local coffee).
- First Aid Kit per car.
- Hotel pickup and drop off for hotels located North of Marsa Alam and South of Wadi El Gemal Park, will be for extra fees