- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Always worth a visit – a wonderful desert landscape including the cultural heritage of the valley of the Whales, Wadi El Hitan. It is a paleontological site in the Fayum Governorate of Egypt, some 150 kilometres south-west of Cairo. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in July 2005 for its hundreds of fossils of some of the earliest forms of whale, the archaeoceti.
The new museum at the entrance will provide you with additional information about the evolution of the surrounding valley and the whales that used to live there.
The walk through the remains of the sea-world in the middle of the desert is a “must see” in Egypt.
Group Size: 3 – 12 people.
Price: From 88 $/p.p.
Early Birds*: 82 $/p.p.
Registration Deadline: 48h before the trip (13h00) including passport photocopy
- (Payment 1 week in advance, free cancellation until 48h before the trip, less than 48h we will keep 10% of trip fee)
On demand this trip could be arranged at individual dates. Minimum 8 people.
- 7h00 Meeting point in Maadi, street 9, Cafe Greco
- Around a 3 hours’ drive in our 4x4 cars to the entrance of Wadi El Hitan. The desert drive will show you beautiful scenery on the way.
- Visit the museum
- Walk through the valley – Refreshment – Back to Cairo around sunset
- To bring: Good shoes, Sun-protection
Transportation to the meeting point
No Details Found